Saturday, April 19, 2008

EARTHQUAKE / TREMOR / SHAKEN

My brother and family was shaken yesterday morning with the quake of Illinois. Many felt it here in southwest Missouri, I slept through it. My brother had some metal art work, that continue to vibrate at least a minute after the quake. They were shaken around 5 in the morning, but again around 10 AM.
Life happens, we never know when we answer the phone, the door, or a conversation, what is going to be heard. What we hear, does shake us. Sometimes it is only a minor tremor with no effect, but it was programmed into our mental computer. Then there is the relational breakdown, the expectant or sudden loss of a loved one, and the quake is more significant. Those major quakes, have a longer lasting impact.
That word, 'impact' reminds me of a collision of ideals, of cars, of ________. The more force, the greater the 'impact'.
Pastoring is constantly dealing with first in my life, my family, my church family quakes, tremors, crisis. I thank God for the call to care for and shepherd people. I love people, and truly, truly want to be found faithful caring for my people
Tomorrow is sermon day, always remember me in prayer.

No comments: