Thursday, July 23, 2009

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood...

No one ever cared for me like Jesus---little is much when God is in it------

Dana, the daughter of our friends--Elaine and Bob---after going home to be with Jesus at 35--earthly house was laid to rest at White Chapel yesterday. Death is even hard for the believer---sad yes, but not despair---because my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and His righteousness.

Dana's husband Darin, and their 2 beautiful daughters have sure hit a bump on this journey of life--but I know God will bring them through.

Tuesday evening, while Bible School was still in session, one of our Bible School workers' husband also passed away. Pray for Jeannie and family.

1 comment:

robert said...

Thanks for your testimony to faith in Christ. Your site caught my eye this morning because of the reference to Edward Mote's fine hymn, "The Solid Rock." (Today is the 135th anniversary of his death.)

I share your confidence in the Lord. Indeed He Himself is "the Lord Jesus Christ, our hope" (I Tim. 1:1). I trust that the ones you mention who experienced sorrow and loss this summer have found strength and comfort in Him.

If you enjoy reading a bit about the background of our beloved hymns, I invite you to visit my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns. God bless.